Supporting Broader Impacts for the Scientific Community
Via Terra specifically supports the research community in planning and fulfilling their broader impact requirements. This support extends throughout the proposal and implementation process including:
- Grant proposal development
- Connecting researchers to communities and educators
- Partnering with grantees to implement broader impact plans
- Meaningful assessment and evaluation of broader impact(s)
Broader Impact focus areas include:
- Improving K-12 STEM education and educator development.
- Creating opportunities for increased public scientific literacy and public engagement with science and engineering.
- Outreach to promote the participation of women and underrepresented minorities in STEM.
Past Via Terra Projects and Collaborations:
Professional development workshops for educators interacting directly with NSF researchers.